Short Inca Trail To Machu Picchu in 2 Days / 1 Nightfrom
Very popular tour, includes part of the old route that connected Machu Picchu.
Reviews 2 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
A very popular tour in the city of Cusco because this includes part of the old route that connected Machu Picchu with the rest of the Inca cities.
This route is the Qapaq ñan which in English means “Great Inca Trail” and covered thousands of kilometers, also connects various countries, including Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Ecuador, and Colombia.
This hike starts on the final stretch of the Classic Inca Trail and is completed in a short time without missing the experience and magical sensation offered by the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
Perfect for single travelers, groups with children or seniors.
- Transportation Cusco – Mollepata – Challacancha
- Professional Guide (English – Spanish)
- Horses and Porters (only carry camping equipment)
- 3 breakfasts / 3 lunches / 3 dinners
- Professional Guide (English – Spanish)
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (MUYURINA – FLOWER HOUSE)
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Tents and camping equipment
- First aid kit
- Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo return train
- Transportation Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Oxygen balloon
- The first breakfast (first day).
- The last lunch (second day).
- Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu-Mountain Entrance.
- Aguas Calientes CONSETTUR Bus Tickets – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Food not mentioned in the program.
- Expenses not mentioned in the itinerary.
CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM 104 / 106 – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will pick you up from your hotel between 4:00 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. to head Ollantaytambo station. (The journey takes 1 hour and 40 minutes)
We will be half an hour earlier at the train station (your train leaves at 06:10AM).
The train will drop you off at kilometer 104 or 106 (according to the DRC) on your arrival our guide and all the team (porters) will be waiting for you to begin this great adventure.
Beginning the trek, we will visit the Archaeological Center of “Chachabamba” at 2250 m.a.s.l. and the agricultural center of “Wiñay Wuayna”, will know more about the history with our guide.
During our walk will see the Urubamba river that will follow our steps.
At mid-day will stop to taste the Box lunch that includes: (meat or vegetarian empanadas, water, 3 kinds of fruits, fruit juice and cereals).
With a full stomach, we will continue our journey for a few hours to reach the INTI PUNKU, will appreciate a unique sunset with the sun keeping on the horizon, no doubt will be an unforgettable scenery.
We will descend to Aguas Calientes to stay in a comfortable hotel and enjoy a pleasant dinner. The guide will give a brief talk to coordinate the tour in Machu Picchu.
AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
Early, we will go to Machu Picchu walking for 1 hour uphill (Optional: you can board the bus to the entrance of the Inca enclosure).
Inside Machu Picchu, we will begin our tour in the company of our guide for 2 hours and a half, knowing the surroundings and main sites such as enclosures, squares, sacred fountains, temples, agricultural sector, and urban sector.
At the end of the tour, you will have free time to continue exploring or climb Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain (reserve in advance).
You will return to Aguas Calientes for lunch or activities on your own until the time of departure of your train.
The train from Aguas Calientes will arrive at Ollantaytambo station in 1 hour and 40 minutes, our private transport awaits you to return to the city.
We will finish our services leaving our travelers in their hotels.
- Original documents provided for your reservation.
- Machu Picchu Backpack – Onboard Luggage Transfer Policy (Route to Machu Picchu):
Only 1 bag or rucksack of 05kg/11lb is allowed. 62 linear inches/157cm (height + length + width).
- Suitable clothing for the trip (hat or cap, polo or shirt, polar fleece, waterproof jacket, rain poncho in rainy season, light pants, trekking shoes)
- Sunscreen, mosquito repellent, lipstick.
- Water bottle
- Pills for altitude sickness.
- Camera, external battery, photo memory.
- Additional national currency (soles)
- Have your migration card with you (in case of overnight stay in Machu Picchu town hotel).
You have to be crazy about adventure tours to build a theme that displays the tours so elegantly that a person browsing the tours on site literally falls in love with place even before booking the tour.
Truly a fantastic tour. We thoroughly enjoyed every step of this tour and the final bungee Jumping was an adventure I don\'t think I would ever able to forget, I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who loves adventure.